Application deadline: December 4, 2020
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field; currently enrolled degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2021;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Research proposal (maximum one page);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CEFR: C1 level
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
- Native English speakers and students or alumni of primarily English taught degree programs (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
- English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2019. Currently, we do not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores.
- Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations. Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
More details will be available through the admissions portal once the applicant has created an account.
More Information on Official website HERE.