Skip to content
10 Reasons to Choose the EUI Doctoral Programme
- Fully funded, 4-year Ph.D. programme (tuition fees, living expenses are covered) leading to an internationally recognised Ph.D. degree.
- Leading international centre for doctorate and post-doctorate studies offering intensive supervision by internationally acclaimed faculty.
- High completion rate: over 85% of admitted Ph.D. researchers successfully defend their doctoral thesis.
- One of the world’s largest doctoral programmes in a research-intense environment of more than 900 scholars and a well-connected alumni network.
- A close-knit and diverse community, international (80 nationalities represented), multi-lingual and gender-balanced, coming from a variety of academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Outstanding career prospects within academia, international organisations, and the public and private sectors.
- Intellectual independence supported by quality supervision and peer-interaction. The high number of ERC grants held by our faculty increases opportunities to get involved in cutting-edge research and become part of a broader research community and global research networks.
- Structured Ph.D. programme: we offer a wide range of subject-specific advanced courses taught by core faculty, workshops and training designed to support academic and professional development. There are also opportunities for international exchange programmes and placements.
- Specialised research, academic writing and welfare support, including a world-class Library with a strong open access policy, and many extra-curricular activities in sports, music, art, culture, food and more.
- Florence! The campus is spread across historic buildings in the Tuscan hills, and the city is strategically connected with many European cities and for exploring Italy at large.