Application deadline: 28 August 2020
Note: For Graduates and Post-graduates residing in NZ.
The prestigious Kupe Leadership Scholarship offers a unique opportunity for exceptional students from all faculties to enrich a year of their postgraduate studies.
The Scholarship offers up to 20 Scholars an exciting experience of personal growth and challenge alongside their honours, postgraduate diploma or masters courses at the University of Auckland.
How to apply
To be considered for a Kupe Leadership Scholarship, all applicants must complete their application in two steps:
- Apply for admission to a postgraduate honours, postgraduate diploma or masters programme for the 2021 academic year.
- Apply for the Scholarship. You will not be able to access the Scholarships application form if you have not completed the Application for Admission.
Applications for the Kupe Leadership Scholarship for 2020 will open on Wednesday 1 July 2020.
All applications are made online and must be submitted by midnight on Friday 28 August 2020.
Kupe Leadership Scholarship regulations
For detailed information, please read the Kupe Leadership Scholarship regulations.
Applicants are encouraged to read through the application form in order to be clear about everything that is required before beginning the Scholarship application process.
You will need the following to complete your online Scholarship application form:
- Your CV details
- One referee who is an academic under whom you have recently studied at university
- One referee who can write about your community activities, and your capabilities and potential as a leader in some sphere of activity
- Any non-University of Auckland transcripts that include your academic results for your most recent two-years of full-time graded study. This is to be uploaded directly to the application form and is additional to the transcripts you will supply for your application for admission to the University of Auckland.
When you are ready to apply, click on the blue “Apply now” button on the Kupe Leadership Scholarship application page and complete the online application form.
After the closing date, all eligible applications will be forwarded to the Kupe Leadership Scholarship Selection Committee who will select a short-list of candidates, who will be invited to participate in a Selection Day in October.
Successful candidates will be offered a Kupe Leadership Scholarship conditional on their being accepted into their chosen postgraduate course for 2021.
More information on official website.