Deadline for Submission: 8 November 2020 (Korea Standard Time)
Theme of the Essay Contest
ASEAN-Korea Digital Partnership in the Post-COVID-19 Era
Under the pandemic, physical or social distancing has been actively promoted to counter the spread of the disease. This has in turn accelerated rapid digitalization in every aspect of daily lives, and cooperation in digital field has become more important than ever. ASEAN and Korea have been partnering in many areas in the digital sphere including e-commerce, e-learning, IT startup and social media. How can ASEAN and Korea strengthen their digital partnership in the post-COVID-19 era? What are the areas of ASEAN-Korea digital cooperation to be eyed on?
The contest invites all ASEAN and Korean undergraduate and graduate students
- Submissions must be endorsed by an academic advisor (professor)
- Applicants can submit as a team consisting up to 2 students (For team entries, all members must meet eligibility to participate in the Contest)
– English or Korean, but Abstract must be written in English for both English and Korean essays.
All essays must be submitted and formatted in Microsoft Word.
In-text citations must be made in APA (seventh edition).
- Format for Essay written in English: 4,000 words maximum (or 10 pages), Font: Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 interlinear.
- Format for Essay written in Korean: 3,000 words or 10 pages. Font: 바탕, 11 points, 1.5 Interlinear.
2) Abstract: 500 words / 1 page (English Language only)
3) Application form (by participants)
4) Recommendation form (by advisor)
5 teams to be awarded (Less than 5 teams may be selected depending on the quality of entries)
Winners will be announced on December 10, 2020.
- Grand Prize (1 team): KRW 2,000,000
- Second Prize (2 teams): KRW 1,000,000
- Third Prize (2 teams): KRW 500,000
- Selected teams will be invited to a webinar to present their essays
- Selected winning essays will be considered for publication
- All required documents must be submitted electronically by the submission deadline on http://bit.do/2020akessay
- Reference materials must be properly cited. About the plagiarism policy, refer to www.plagiarism.org.
- Only original and unpublished essays will be considered for evaluation.
ASEAN-Korea Centre, Center for ASEAN and Indian Studies of the Korea National Diplomatic Academy, CSIS Indonesia
ASEAN Secretariat, ROK Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ASEAN University Network
Further inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on Official Website.