Deadline for Applications: November 2, 2020
The application for the 2021-2022 season is now open! You can get started by reviewing the requirements below.
Fellowships are offered to high-potential graduate and undergraduate students whose studies relate to concrete.
- $10,000 – $15,000 USD educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials;
- Appropriate recognition in Concrete International magazine and on the Foundation website;
- Paid travel expenses and attendance fees to two ACI conventions (fellowship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed where they have the option of being assigned a Convention Guide); and
- Assistance in finding an industry mentor.
- Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
- A single online application form will be used for all the fellowships and scholarships. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award year begins in Fall 2021, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) Following the application season, can you attend an interview at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 28, 2021? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation.
- (For certain fellowships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2021?
- For the entire school term (fall semester 2021 through spring semester 2022), you must be a full-time student for the entire school year.
- All applicants must submit the following five items.
- Applicant’s contact and educational information.
- A resume.
- A 500-word essay.
- Official transcripts: Read more about transcript submittal below.
- Two endorsements, which are statements of evaluation of the applicant, in terms of potential for growth, character, leadership capacity and career interest.
- Application data, resume, essay, endorsements, and transcripts must be in the English language.
- Resume must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Acrobat Adobe (.pdf) format.
- Remember to save your data during each session of the online application before closing the platform.
All application materials must be received by the application deadline. Except for official transcripts, all materials are to be submitted online. No hard copies will be accepted, except for official transcripts.
The online application will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which the applicant may be qualified. Please select as many for which you wish to be considered.
Awardees will be determined during the ACI Concrete Convention in the spring. Awardees will be notified shortly after the convention.