Application Deadline: 30 November 2020
Prospective students have been asking how we’re handling the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This office is closely monitoring the pandemic worldwide and adjusting policies as appropriate to serve our applicants.
Updates for Fall 2021 International Applicants Mailing of application packets: We remain optimistic that mail carriers will resume operations across the world well in advance of the November 30 deadline. Students who are unable to submit their application packet via postal mail as of November 1 should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an alternative submission method. No requests for exceptions to the mailing requirement will be granted prior to November 1.
Berea College has a long history of welcoming students of all nationalities, religious faiths, races, and ethnicities. If you come to Berea, you will surely be welcomed. Admission to Berea College is competitive, and you will need to meet certain requirements to be considered. Please contact us with any questions. We are happy to assist you during your college search!
All of the following items are in the packet above, and must be mailed together to the Office of Admissions:
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Copy of official secondary school records. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
- Copy of official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- *Test Score Requirement: All applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting results from one of four examinations (TOEFL, ACT, SAT, IELTS). We understand that the administration of these exams has been suspended in many countries. Students who remain unable to register for one of the four accepted exams in their home country on September 15 may email email@example.com to request permission to submit results from an alternative proficiency examination. Students who live in a country where testing has resumed as of September 15 will be required to submit results from one of the four accepted exams.
Berea is the only one of America’s top colleges that makes a no-tuition promise to every enrolled student.
No student pays for tuition.
Our generous TUITION PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP makes it possible for you to graduate debt-free. Even if you borrow for special learning opportunities or to replace your family’s total contribution, you will have a low debt compared to national trends. We sometimes call Berea “the best education money can’t buy.”
Berea College is the only school in the United States that provides 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment. This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
In subsequent years, international students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per year to contribute toward their expenses. The College does provide summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
Accepted international students are expected to pay a $50 (US) entrance fee and a $2,200 (US) deposit to confirm their enrollment. This deposit can be used by international students for certain expenses during their four years of enrollment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
All international students are provided with a paid, on-campus job through the College’s Work Program throughout the academic year. Students may use their wages (about US $2,000 the first year) to cover personal expenses.
More information on Official Website.