Former La Liga Referee Shockingly Claims 90% of Referees in Spain are in Favour of Real Madrid Over Barcelona

Former La Liga Referee Shockingly Claims 90% of Referees in Spain are in Favour of Real Madrid Over Barcelona
Spread the love


Former La Liga referee Eduardo Iturralde Gonzalez has shockingly claimed that 90% of referees in Spain are from Real Madrid, while the other 10% are from FC Barcelona.

The 53-year-old, who is now retired after officiating 291 games in 17 La Liga seasons, was speaking about this subject during the El Larguero podcast.

When asked how many referees are from Los Blancos and how many are from Barca, González responded with a suprising “90%-10%” ratio in favour of Madrid.

He continued, saying: “Whether Barcelona likes it or not, 70% of the population – excluding Catalonia – is Madrid’s.”

This isn’t the first time he has come up with a controversial statement. Back in 2014, Gonzalez said the following to MARCA…

“The Spanish soccer referees do not come from Mars. You become a referee because you like soccer, and if you like soccer I do not think there is anyone who does not like a team. I am lucky to have been born in Bilbao and in Bilbao the people are from Athletic. However, in the rest of Spain the majority are from Real Madrid or Barcelona because they are the winning teams, and it is so.”

He did specify then as he concluded, “That does not mean that when they whistle for Madrid they are not professionals”, but it still caused controversy at the time.





Source link

Recommended For You

Avatar

About the Author: slayminded.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

//stawhoph.com/afu.php?zoneid=2831333