Deadline for applications: November 15, 2020
At the University of Birmingham we are dedicated to building a more diverse and international community of students. To help us welcome a greater number of students from around the world we offer a number of scholarships each year.
This scholarship is worth up to £5,000 and comes in the form of a tuition fee discount and will be assessed on academic merit based on grades achieved and on a personal statement written to support the application. This scholarship is open to all students currently holding an offer to study an international foundation pathway at Birmingham to start in January 2021.
All scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction and are only applicable to full-time foundation programs at the University. Scholarships will be issued up to a maximum of £5,000.
This scholarship is open to all students currently holding an offer to study at Birmingham. If you are not already holding an offer for one of our foundation pathways, your application will not be considered. You will need to have accepted your offer to study at Birmingham by the closing date of the scholarship scheme.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you must meet the conditions below:
- Candidates must currently hold an offer to study one of our foundation pathways starting in January 2021
- Candidates should have accepted their foundation offer from the University and have submitted a scholarship application by 5pm (BST) on Sunday 15 November 2020. Please note, deadline has been extended.
- Candidates should not be in receipt of any other internal or external scholarship, funding or sponsorship.
- Candidates must meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Candidates must start their studies at the University in January 2021.
- Candidates must be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment, and should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
Applicants will be shortlisted and selected on the basis of academic merit and their supporting statement.
How can I apply?
To apply, applicants need to email the BIA Regional Manager with the following information;
- Foundation pathway scholarship, Applicant ID, and full name in the email subject
- A maximum 300 word personal statement, supporting the application for scholarship. This statement should discuss your academic credentials and suitability for the award
- Please ensure your latest transcripts have been uploaded to your applicant portal
- Any application that does not include a valid ID will not be considered
Please send the scholarship application to David Rice, BIA Regional Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
When is the deadline for applications?
The deadline for applications to the scholarship is 5pm (BST) on Sunday 15 November 2020 (please note, deadline has been extended). You must have accepted your conditional or unconditional offer by this date.
When will the scholarship be awarded?
The scholarship will be awarded in full upon enrolment in January 2021. Successful scholarship applicants will be notified of their award prior to commencement of their course. All scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Successful scholarship applicants will be notified of their award in November. If you have not received a reply to your scholarship application by the end of November, then unfortunately you have not been successful on securing this scholarship.
Source / More information: Official Website.