In recognition of students who exhibit an outstanding academic performance, the University of Arizona offers the Global Wildcat Award for incoming freshmen and transfer students. Please review the links below for more information regarding our merit-based scholarships for admitted and conditionally admitted students who are planning to enroll at the University of Arizona for the spring or fall semesters.
|ACT||32-36||30-31||28-29||26-27||24-25||22-23||REGARDLESS OF TEST SCORE|
|SAT||1420-1600||1360-1410||1300-1350||1230-1290||1160-1220||1100-1150||(OR NO TEST SCORE)|
3.25 (or higher) unweighted, core GPA awards: Regardless of test score (or no test score), international students with a 3.25 (or higher) unweighted GPA in core courses can receive an award of $4,000-$10,000. Students with modest or no scores and a 3.25 (or higher) GPA in core courses receive this scholarship. Higher test scores will increase the merit award and the higher award prevails.
- Must verify your lawful presence as described under Arizona’s Proposition 300. Semesters without lawful presence verified will be lost and counted against the scholarship’s total eight semesters.
- Awards are for undergraduate studies only.
- Meet the criteria from the charts above. Please note: GPA calculation occurs during the admissions evaluation process. GPA calculations consider core coursework including math, science, native language, second language, social science, and fine arts.
- In addition to the criteria above, submit a complete application and all required documents for admission by November 1.
- We recommend that Scholarship Recipients pay their $425 enrollment fee as soon as possible to secure their enrollment for the spring term.
- Non-degree seeking and exchange students are not eligible for the Global Wildcat Award.
Award Amounts and Coverage
- $2,000 – $20,000; amounts for continuing students will remain the same as the initial offer.
- Scholarships are renewable for 4 years (8 consecutive semesters) for freshmen.
- The award levels reflect the full academic year (two semester) value of the award; half will be awarded in the spring and half in the fall.
An application for admission serves as an application for the scholarship.
- Students must submit a complete application and all required documents for admission by November 1.
- The Global Wildcat Award is a highly competitive undergraduate tuition scholarship offered annually to a select number of incoming international students attending the UA.
- Students selected for this scholarship will receive a notification by email and a letter in their admissions packet.
- Offers are non-negotiable and are not increased to match offers from other institutions.
- The award must be used the semester for which it was first offered.
- Awards are not offered for summer terms.
To learn more, visit our Terms and Conditions webpage and select “Global Wildcat Award” from the list.