Application deadlines: December 25, 2020
Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) was established in 1920 in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China. In 1954, HIT became one of China’s first six leading universities. Presently HIT is a member of China’s top nine University Union (C9). It is a National Key University with science and engineering as its core and has developed to include management, liberal arts, economy, law and other disciplines. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
For international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree can apply for HIT Independent Recruitment Program. HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee. It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students. Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will select the best applicants and recommend to the China Scholarship Council.
- 1.Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- 2.International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- 3.Educational background required and age limit:
- 4.Excellent performance in study.
- 5.Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
- 1.Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 2.800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- 3.Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|No.||Categories of Applicants||Duration of Major Studies||Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies||Duration of Scholarship|
|1.||Master’s Degree Students||Academic Years
|2.||Doctoral Degree Students||Academic Years
Note: The duration of major study for master’s degree of Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning, Landscape Architecture and Civil Engineering is 3 years.
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- 1.Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
- 2.Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
- 3.Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed from school. The transcripts in other languages must be translated in English or Chinese with notarization).
- 4.A study or research plan (not less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be [download]ed from official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/index/459.
- 5.Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- 6.Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- 7.Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- 8.Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
- 9.Language proficiency certificate
- 10.Certificate of No Criminal Record
- 11.Acceptance letter( not a must)
Selection of Specialty (Field of Studies)
Please visit CIE website at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/index/459 for more details.
Please visit website at http://www.hit.edu.cn/11296/list.htm for faculty information.
Please visit website at http://homepage.hit.edu.cn/home-index for supervisor information.
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except School of Humanities, S. S. and Law). Master degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English programs of Management, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology.
- For programs taught in English, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate
- For Chinese-medium programs or Remedial Chinese Language Courses, applicant should submit report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years).
Ms. ZHAO Lin (Europe, Asia): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Ms. LI Dongmei (Africa, America and Oceania): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. PIAO Yuejin (Korea): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail:email@example.com
Mr. LIU Wei (Russia): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. SHAO Wei (Mongolia, Japan): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail: email@example.com
Add: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin (150001), China
Please mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
The CIE will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.
Source / More information: Official Website.