The President’s Award Bachelor of Music in Performance Studies Scholarship was created to directly encourage and support the educational growth of students who demonstrate overall outstanding musicianship, and the ability to excel in any style or genre on their (instrument or voice) enrolling in the Bachelor of Music in Performance Studies Program at Musicians Institute.
This scholarship is open to all instruments.
- The total scholarship amount will be $1,500 credited towards the first quarter’s tuition.
- Available to international students and U.S. citizens.
- May only be applied to Bachelor of Music in Performance Studies Program, Bass, Guitar, Drums, Vocal or Keyboard students only.
- Newly enrolling MI students, and transfers from current AA programs are eligible.
- Previous winners of this scholarship are not eligible.
- Scholarship applicants must have submitted the Application for Admissions by the scholarship application deadline and must be entering the Bachelor’s program for the first time, as a new student to MI or as an MI AA program graduate.
- Awardee must maintain enrollment at 12 units (fulltime status) during the full length of award period. Failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in the program for the full duration of the scholarship will result in withdrawal of the award.
- Scholarships are nontransferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
YouTube video URL: YouTube video must contain at a minimum: three (3) diverse songs (in any style or genre on your instrument/voice). It is required that this include two (2) ensemble (live band or duo, and/or pre-recorded play-along tracks format) performances; and one (1) unaccompanied solo (or a capella) performance (No play-along tracks will be accepted for the solo piece). You may use electric and/or acoustic instruments. You must be able to demonstrate overall outstanding musicianship, and demonstrate the ability to excel in any style or genre of your choosing on your instrument (or voice).