Deadline for applications: February 15, 2021
IUJ is pleased to offer its successful applicants a variety of scholarship support to attend IUJ degree programs. Matches are made on a competitive basis, at the time of Admissions, and based on the objectives of our various partner organizations, companies and foundations. Below is a quick list of the types of scholarships that applicants may be matched with, both directly by IUJ, through nominations from IUJ, and by independent applications with requests to join the IUJ community.
Non-Japanese IUJ applicants who do not have sufficient funds can apply for the scholarship(s) listed below at the time of application only to IUJ academic programs. Please read this guide carefully and apply for the scholarship(s) appropriate for you. Scholarship information is subject to change.
The Scholarship Application form is available as a second part of the online admission application system: complete the main application process to the IUJ degree programs, then if applicable, continue to part two for scholarship considerations. (https://www.iuj.ac.jp/admis/online/) Please respond to all questions inputting your answers directly into the online form.
S. Nakayama Memorial Scholarships
IUJ provides a limited number of scholarships for newly enrolling international students to support their IUJ studies with the expectation that they will also be active participants in support of the local community and gain a good understanding of the Japanese society. These scholars are expected to develop leadership skills and then contribute to the international society in a leadership role upon graduation.
Priority for this scholarship is given to those with excellent academic performances and in financial need. Conditions: GSIR (IRP, IDP, JGDP (MA), PMPP), or GSIM (MBA, JGDP (MBA), IMBA, and DTP)
Nakayama 100 Premium:
- Partial Exemption of Admission Fee: 250,000yen (out of a total admissions fee of 300,000yen)
- Full Exemption of Tuition: GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 2,200,000yen IMBA/DTP: 3,400,000yen
- Stipend: 50,000 yen per month
- Exemption of the dormitory fee (utilities, meals, and any other living costs must be borne by the student)
*Note on Nakayama 100 Premium: May be awarded at the time of admissions, however if the student subsequently receives a monthly living stipend, other than JASSO, the stipend of 50,000 yen and the dorm fee exemption would be terminated. Recipients of Nakayama 100 Premium will also be asked to support various aspects of dorm life in a “work-study” type of arrangement TBA. The student does not have any special priority in room assignment, and follows the basic guide for all.
Nakayama 100 A:
- Partial Exemption of Admission Fee: 250,000 yen (out of a total admissions fee of 300,000yen)
- Full Exemption of Tuition: GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 2,200,000yen IMBA/DTP/ISEP: 3,400,000yen
Full Exemption of Tuition: GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 2,200,000yen IMBA/DTP: 3,400,000yen
Partial Exemption of Tuition (90% of the full tuition):
GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 1,980,000yen IMBA/DTP: 3,060,000yen
Partial Exemption of Tuition (70% of the full tuition):
GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 1,540,000yen IMBA/DTP: 2,380,000yen
Half Exemption of Tuition (50% of the full tuition):
GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 1,100,000yen IMBA/DTP: 1,700,000yen
Partial Exemption of Tuition (30% of the full tuition):
GSIR/MBA/JGDP: 660,000yen IMBA/DTP:1,020,000yen
A reduction of dormitory fee* (20,000yen/month reduction)
*Note on Nakayama Plus: May be awarded at the time of admissions, however if the student subsequently receives a monthly living stipend, other than JASSO, the dorm fee reduction would be terminated. Recipients of Nakayama Plus will also be asked to support various aspects of dorm life in a “work-study” type of arrangement TBA. The student does not have any special priority in room assignment, and follows the basic guide for all.
- These are one-year scholarships, but students with commendable records are given a renewal for the second year.
- Nakayama 100 Premium, Nakayama 100 A, and Nakayama 100 are reserved for highly capable candidates as determined in the screening process.
- Note: IUJ may be required to ask S. Nakayama Memorial Scholarship recipients to reside in units near campus in their 2nd year if dorm capacity needs arise.
- Note: Successful applicants are responsible for paying the balance of the admissions fee (if applicable) by the designated deadline according to the guidelines for successful applicants. Also, they are responsible for paying the tuition balance by the day prior to the first day of the academic year (August 31): not making tuition payments can lead to dismissal.
Source / More information: Official Website.