1. Application Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Has registered their profile information with JAPAN STUDY SUPPORT (hereinafter JPSS), a website of information for international students that is jointly run by the Asian Students Cultural Association and Benesse Corporation. A Japanese university or graduate school has viewed this profile and used the JPSS Scout function to send an offer placement message. After receiving this message the student has passed the enrollment examination for the said program and enrollment has been confirmed. ※Short term programs’ students can not apply for the scholarship even they get offers.
- Can have an interview in either Japanese or English.
- Has a Japanese bank account (in the applicant’s name) in to which scholarship money can be paid. Internet banks will not be accepted.
- Is not a Japanese citizen.
- If the applicant is under 20, his or her guardian understands either Japanese or English.
2. Number of Scholarships / Amount
- 1,000,000 yen financial support paid to ONE successful applicant after he/she has enrolled into their specified Japanese university.
- 500,000 yen financial support paid to TWO successful applicanst after he/she has enrolled into their specified Japanese university.
- 100,000 yen financial support paid to THREE successful applicanst after he/she has enrolled into their specified Japanese university.
3. Application Procedures
Please apply from your JPSS My Page
Documents that need to be submitted
- (a) Application form (basic information)
- (b) Short essay (No more than 350 English words or 800 Japanese characters on your ‘Motivation to Study in Japan & Future Goals’)
- (c) Self Introduction Video (no more than 30 seconds in length)
- Spring Period (for applicants enrolling in April – May 2020): Between 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 and 17:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 30, 2020 (JST)
- Spring Period (for applicants enrolling in September – November 2020): Between 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 21, 2020 and 17:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 (JST)
4. Selection Method
- step_1First round screeing – document screening
- step_2Second round screeing – interview
- step_3Notificiation of successful applicants
Successful applicants will be notified directly. JPSS also plans to publicize the names of success
5. Important Notes
- If any of the application documents or materials are found to contain false information, the application will be rejected and all and any scholarship already paid out must be paid back.
- If a successful candidate does not complete, dropsout or is expelled from their higher education course all and any scholarship money must be paid back.