Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia focusing on capacity development and infrastructure development that will enable developing countries to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development through Technical Cooperation, ODA Loan and Grant Aid.
The newly recruited staff will work as a program officer as follows;
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To take a coordinating role of overall JICA’s operation in Cambodia and have necessary communications with JICA Headquarters or other related institutions.
2. To collect and analyze information related to current political and social context and various needs for JICA’s activities.
3. To be in charge of the project formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in various JICA sponsored projects in the section in charge
4. To liaise with government agencies, private sectors and other relevant organizations such as development partners (DPs) for JICA’s operation in Cambodia.
5. To engage in promotion of business development of Japanese private sector in Cambodia through JICA’s programs
6. To represent JICA Cambodia office at relevant meetings, workshops, and seminars, etc.
7. To engage in secretarial works and logistical arrangements including communication/translation in Japanese
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree. Advanced degree would be of an advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English and Japanese (*Equivalent to N2 Level of Japanese-Language Proficiency Test)
3. Minimum 3 (three) years of professional experience directly working in or with the international development organization. Experience working in or with relevant ministries would also be of an advantage.
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 5 (five) years.
5. Cambodian national
1. Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant donor parties.
3. Strong commitment and competency to create and strengthen the relationships with various stakeholder.
4. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
5. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement
1. Work location: JICA Cambodia Office (6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh) with occasional travels to the provinces and foreign countries.
2. Basic working hours: From 8:00 to 17:00 (lunch time is from 12:00 to 14:00), from Monday to Friday
Submission of Applications
1. Interested candidates shall send the documents mentioned below “4. Required documents” to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to Shinohara.Yuji@jica.go.jp. In addition to sending the documents, the interested candidates have to sign up on the following Webpage.
2. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
3. The deadline for receipt of application and sign up on the Webpage: 12:00 (noon) of November 20, 2020.
4. Required documents
a. Intension letter (In Japanese/Free format/1 page of A4 size)
b. curriculum vitae*with photo: *Please write the following items on curriculum vitae:
(1) Personal data : Name, Date of birth (Age), Civil status, Present address, Mobile phone number, E-mail address
(2) Language and skill: Language, Computer skill and other qualification/skill
(3) Educational background (domestic and overseas): School/University name, Degree, Major
(4) Working experience: Company/Organization name, Period, Position, Role/Responsibility
(5) Your Advantage and others
(6) Expected monthly salary (US$)
Note: Certification of degrees, languages, skills etc. are required for the interview of short listed candidates.
1. Starting date: The beginning of December, 2020. (Negotiable, but as soon as possible)
2. Initial contract term: For six months from the date of commencement with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period: For three months from the day of recruitment.