|KASPOP 10 Finalists||10||KAS’s Bag and Tumbler||KAS Cambodia|
|KASPOP Judge’s Choice Award||3||Smart Phone worth (799 USD each)||Smart Axiata|
|KASPOP People’s Choice Award||1||Smart Phone worth (449 USD each)||Smart Axiata|
Call for Entries
In Phnom Penh alone, around 10 million plastic bags are used on a daily basic. From food vendors to clothing retails, most items we are consuming are wrapped, packaged or served using plastic. In a place where plastics are so embedded in people’s lives, how can we switch consumer behavior to reduce such consumption?
KAS Cambodia, in partnership with Smart Axiata Cambodia would like to announce the Open Call for Entries for the KASPOP photo competition.
We believe everyone has their own way of contributing to a cleaner and better environment in which they are living. Therefore, we want to ask “What are you doing every day to avoid plastic use?” to all the young Cambodian out there because it is important that their actions and creativity in helping to save our environment are known and shared to others so that inspiration can happen and more actions could be taken for our environment.
With this theme, we aim at collecting photos that speak about actions and creativities in living every day with more care to our environment specifically, with less plastic consumption.
Not only does this contest aim to raise awareness for environmental protection, but it also intends to inspire people especially young Cambodians to start to consider small habitual changes and then take action that would ultimately create significant impact for the environment.
The contest is open for any interested individuals from all backgrounds except:
- KAS staff and,
- Smart Axiata employee
Rule of the contest
- The entrant must submit Only One Original Photo that he or she thinks best describes the contest’s theme.
- The photo can be taken from either professional camera or from smartphone and must be taken recently within this year.
- Each entry/photo must be submitted with a short caption, NO LONGER THAN 3 sentences, that describe message of the photo
Copyrights and Usages of the Photo
Entrants must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all the entries they submit, or they must have obtained permission from the copyright holder to submit the entries on their behalf.
- The short-listed 10 entrants are then asked to send short video clip (1 minute) about their photo
- The 10 shortlisted are then moved to the final judging process which will be conduted online via Facebook Live
Category of Award
- KASPOP Judge’s Choice Award
- KASPOP People’s Choice Award
How to join the contest?
Interested individuals are invited to submit the application form and their photos here.
- September 11th, 2020 : Open Call for Entries
- September 30th, 2020 : Deadline for Submmiting Entries
- October 1st, 2020 : Begin Public Voting
- October 9th, 2020 : Close Public Voting
- October 13th, 2020 : Facebook Live Judging and Result announcement
Source: Official Website.