Lagos State SME Recovery Fund Requirements for Looted Stores: The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) is currently receiving applications from Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) affected by the widespread looting and vandalism carried out by hoodlums during the #EndSARS protests in the state.
Following the #EnDSARS protests turned violence, Lagos state government has declared support for owners of stores that were looted and vandalised by hoodlums during the crisis. The state deputy governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, disclosed this on Friday, October 23, via his Twitter handle.
Lagos State has set up a recovery fund for the Small and Medium Enterprise SME affected by the attack through the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund LSETF. The Fund will operate with an initial capital of N25 Billion contributed over four years by the Lagos State Government, but will also raise additional funding from various sources including donor partners, development agencies, corporate organizations and individuals.
The Lagos State Trust fund is available to support Lagos-base SMEs that incurred damages and losses due to the pillage by hooligans.
Lagos State SME Recovery Fund Requirements
The Lagos State government has published a link directing people that their businesses and shops were looted or vandalized. Below are criteria for application.
- Your business must be affected
- The SME (business) must be based in Lagos State
- The damages must be recent (last week)
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration is an added advantage
- The business or business owner must have an email address
- The business address and the Local Government Area where the business is situated must be included for verification and authentication.
- Business contact or Business owner’s phone number
- The application must include the estimated amount loss in Naira
- It must also include the photos of the damage to serve as evidence
- Number of employees
How to Access Lagos State SME Recovery Fund
Interested applicants can click on the link and fill the form on this line > CLICK HERE TO APPLY