Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Analyst, the UNV Communications Assistant will contribute to the development of multi-media products, management of social media platforms and other online presences, and promotion of UNDP’s branding in the areas such as circular economy, renewable energy and natural resources management.
- Support the development of solution-based or human-interest stories for the CO’s online presences and social media platforms (including the generation of daily social media content);
- Assist in managing the CO’s social media platforms and monitor their daily engagement and report on their monthly traffic including reach and engagement;
- Assist in updating the CO’s website both in Khmer and English and report on their monthly traffic;
- Assist in updating the CO’s Flickr and Exposure platform;
- Conduct daily media digest and identify potential angle/opportunity to issue and place an article/story/Op-ed in the media;
- Support in media engagement activities for project key events and donors field visits, press conferences, press briefings, media interviews with senior management;
- Develop and maintain updated media directory (national, and key regional and international);
- Assist in building and maintaining healthy and reliable relations with media, selected journalists, editors, reporters, etc;
- Work closely with programme, policy and project teams on relevant media pitching and placement, and on the development of social media content;
- Work closely with a designer and relevant colleagues on communications related product designs;
- Work closely with editors/writers and relevant colleagues on media and web-based content development;
- Contribute to the implementation and achievement donors’ visibility plan;
- Provide translation from Khmer into English and vice versa when necessary;
- Produce digital communications materials including an electric poster, leaflet, and brochure visual materials when needed;
- Collect photos and footages of an event/activity and from a field trip for the CO’s communications activities;
- Carry out other tasks if required.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalentEducation – Additional Comments:
Graduated a university degree in any one of these fields: communications, media, journalism, digital marketing, communications for development, or related fieldsRequired experience:Experience remark:
- Demonstrated interest/experience in media management, digital and social media initiatives and campaigns, community empowerment and other development related aspects;
- Exhibited ability to precisely present ideas and concepts in both oral and written manner;
- Exhibited proficiency in developing in managing relations with media;
- Well knowledgeable of Adobe package and able to handle a professional camera for photos and footages;
- Motivated to contribute towards development and to serve with others;
- Willing to contribute and work as part of a team, and
- Flexible and open to learning new things.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Khmer(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Journalism, mass media and broadcastingDriving license: NoCompetencies values:
Accountability, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Cambodia and legal residents of Cambodia with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 6-10-2020