Manchester United‘s legendary trio of Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez have been named the best Premier League attacking trio in history, beating the current Liverpool three and Arsenal‘s Invincibles.
In the recent years, there has been an influx of tremendous attacking trios in the Premier League, with majority of the teams adopting a 4-3-3 approach, which saw the end of the 4-4-2 era in the league.
Included on the list were the threes from the past two seasons in current Liverpool trio of Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane and City’s trio of Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane from last season. But, neither of the trios topped the ranking.
The Daily Mail ranked their top five attacking threesomes, with United’s legendary double winning forwards leading the way. Here’s what they declared….
1. Manchester United – Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Carlos Tevez: Played 42, Won 32, Scored 93
2. Liverpool – Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane: Played 81, Won 61, Scored 178
3. Arsenal – Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Robert Pires: Played 128, Won 78, Scored 272
4. Manchester City – Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane: Played 57, Won 39, Scored 128
5. Chelsea – Didier Drogba, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff: Played 27, Won 25, Scored 61
Recently, speaking on his opinion about the best front three in Premier League history, Gary Neville selected Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez as he said, “The best front three in the Premier League, you’ll never beat those three for me. You can talk about Mane, Salah and Firmino, I love them to bits, plus [Raheem] Sterling, [Sergio] Aguero and [Leroy] Sane at City but you look at that front three of Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo at their peak, it was out of this world.”