Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2020 Application Form & Portal Registration: This is to inform you that the Stanbic IBTC Bank, a leading African banking group is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions listed below.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Vice President, Debt Capital Markets
Job ID: 50019
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Investment Banking provides clients with a range of advisory and financing solutions.
- Specialising in high-growth emerging markets, our expert advisers work on mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings and empowerment deals, as well as arranging finance for acquisitions, client projects and property transactions.
The primary purpose of the job is to actively contribute towards achieving the goals of the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team by:
- Coordinating / leading origination of DCM transactions in Nigeria with corporate entities, supra nationals, sub-nationals and related entities
- Responsible for DCM bottom line, not just in origination to meet revenue targets, but also proactive cost management. Ownership of budgeted revenue targets
- Ensure retention of #1 position in DCM in Nigeria
- Management of transaction execution across all product categories including; vanilla bonds and commercial papers, equity linked and structured credit products, as well as supervising associated and analysts in the deal team
- Market share (league tables) and increase in target clients who regard us as trusted advisor
- Leading thought leadership and development of ideas that lead to product innovation, better transaction management and zero tolerance for lapses in fulfilment of compliance requirements
- Integration with the various Global Markets, Credit Structuring and Sales platforms, and making use of these areas and technology to incorporate derivatives or other strategic solutions within a financing structure (structured capital markets)
- Coordinating / leading origination and growth of cross border DCM opportunities, thus playing a strong role in the further development of the Standard Bank Group’s DCM franchise
- Drive adherence to Compliance Awareness plan and team culture of full compliance. Develop IB Nigeria Governance framework and proactive management and monitoring of key risks
- Managing / maintaining close investor relationships
- Development of new product offerings/solutions in DCM product area
- Supervise the preparation and circulation of case studies & key learnings for every DCM deal completed
- Playing a senior role in leading in industry advocacy and contributing to the overall growth of the Nigerian Debt Capital Markets
- Research & Data analysis capabilities – Ability to advise clients reliably by being able to interpret and present accurate and dependable data analysis
- Analytical and quantitative background
- Understanding of debt capital markets concepts and structured products
- Understanding of debt capital markets documentation and execution processes
- Understanding of ratings process
- Accurately interpret and apply regulatory and complex legal concepts
- Good project management skills
- Strong communication (business writing and presentation) skills
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships and trusted advisor status
- Responsible for spotting origination opportunities for both domestic and international DCM transactions
- Coordinating client pitches and overseeing pitch book development and preparation of other client marketing materials
- Responsible for transaction structuring
- Supervise transaction execution and management of the deal process across multiple live transactions
- Client liaison
- Supervise transaction documentation process including prospectus, term sheet, financial models, presentations and marketing materials
- Work with the legal team to review all legal documentation, as well as leading negotiation of transaction agreements
- Coordinate and manage relationships with all transaction parties
- Lead investor engagement strategies and distribution
- Record filing and management – Supervise maintenance of proper filing records
- Salesforce updates
- Revenue tracking
- Marketing support
- Industry awards submission supervision
Risk and Compliance:
- Knowledge of and contribution to SICL’s procedures manual – Ensure that transactions are executed in line with the relevant rules and regulations and internal Corporate Finance procedures
- Supervise junior team members (associates and analysts) to acquire knowledge of and apply “Departmental Operating Manual” for DCM unit
- Supervise and monitor associates and analysts to ensure compliance with KYC, mandate approval process, conflicts clearance and other internal processes for all transactions
- Adherence to the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) Code of Conduct for Capital Market operators and recognised as a SEC sponsored individual
- Active and regular engagement with the regulators, particularly the SEC, The Nigerian Stock Exchange, National Pension Commission and the FMDQ rules governing the issuance of public securities and other transactions – membership of regulatory committees, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring satisfactory internal compliance and audit ratings
- Knowledge of the CBN regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of Salesforce reporting standards
- Adherence to the Group’s Conflicts Clearance process
- Participation in the mandatory Compliance trainings and coordination
- Personal development
- Knowledge share
- People Management
- Support development of the Investment Banking Analyst Pool and technical abilities of associates
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- First degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or General Social Science
- Further education such as a master’s and / or professional certification such as ACA / CA / CIMA / CFA / membership of a professional society will be considered favourably
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Investment Banking (corporate finance), Private Equity, or Leverage Finance)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in managing funds or portfolios for investors. Providing financial advice and services to private and corporate clients about a range of investment securities, including buying and selling equity or debt. Engages in regular research to assess financial information and investment opportunities
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in and understanding complex legal and regulatory concepts, managing transaction execution with acumen for documentation drafting for domestic and international capital markets transactions.
- Previous experience in a top Nigerian law firm or renowned international law firm will be an advantage
- Financial Analysis
- Legal Compliance
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Business Development Manager – SIPML
Job ID: 50012
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Sector: Financial Services
- The Business Development Manager is responsible in providing tailored consultative solutions for all Pension and Gratuity related matters in the region by driving voluntary contributions across the employees of assigned institutions and growing SIPML’s market share in RSA Holders and Assets Under Management.
- Responsible for ensuring clients perceive, feel and experience the Company positively through timely and conclusive resolution of pre and post sales issues; and other related/incidental matters.
- The Business Development Manager is also responsible to support and deliver on the universal financial solution goals of the Stanbic IBTC Group.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Achieve monthly sales target in RSA & Contributions
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly RSA pin target
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly/yearly contribution target
- Achieve and surpass assigned new employers targets
- Grow SIPML’s wallet share of employer’s business by generating and creating more contributing RSA pins.
- Provide advice to employers, on potential Pension/Gratuity solutions based on consultative analysis of their business model and pension industry dynamics.
- Identify, initiate and convert leads for SIPML. Operate within the Pencom guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company.
- Analyze and review potential labor challenges or peculiarities that may lead to sub-optimization for the employer or organization.
- Make physical / telephone calls / e-mails to clients for customer interactions
- Organize and facilitate Interactive sessions and Rotating Desks/PoW with clients and prospective clients.
- Effectively communicate and follow through, with client requests to back office /support units
- Maintain and update comprehensive employers’ database.
- Ensure Employers have updated contribution schedules.
- Collect schedules from Employer for upload to clients’ accounts.
- Follow up with employers on monthly pension contribution as at when due.
- Increase number of funded and contributing RSA Pins in the department.
- Consistently identify value to our customers by leveraging the various resources within the group
- Ensure not more than 5% customer attrition from assigned institutions during the transfer window
- Collect and correct email mandates for employees in assigned institutions
- Organize CFI capture with Organizations periodically by the regulator.
- Grow SIPML’s share of mind among clients/ organizations in assigned institutions
- Increase the funding and contribution ratios of employees’ contribution within assigned institutions
- Proffer possible strategies/ways to improve sales and relating to customers.
- Ensure Legislative Compliance and SIBTC standards
- Educate and enlighten employees and their employers about the dynamics of the Pension industry
- Operate within the Pencom guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company
- Ensure adherence to code of ethics and all other related guidelines
- Ensure smooth internal & external stakeholder management.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in General Social Science
- Master’s Degree in Marketing qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with exposure in sales relationship management & leadership position
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with exposure in client profiling
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with exposure in sales relationship management
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience with exposure in sales and relationship management.
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
Effective Business Communication:
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes..
- The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
- Knowledge and practical application of the requirements for KYC Compliance including the determination of beneficial ownership in complex client corporate structures.
- The ability to use marketing techniques to increase the perceived value of the organisation over time and build customer loyalty through positive brand awareness.
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position.
Applications: Microsoft Office Suite:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The ability to interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply e.g. Pension Reform Acts 2014.
Application Closing Date