Do you have the ambition to become a future leader within the sustainable development on a global platform? Then you might be who we are looking for. Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s studies in Sweden.
Opens for applications 8 February 2021
The call for SI scholarships for master’s studies in Sweden, starting in the autumn of 2021 has been now published. The Visby programme and the scholarships for Turkey is as of this call part of the Global Professionals.
What is Global Professionals?
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The programme is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
What you get as a recipient of Global Professionals
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period.This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
Note: Depending on the country where you have citizenship, the content of the scholarship will differ in certain areas.
Country of citizenship
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme. Read more about country of citizenship.
Read more about country of citizenshipUniversity admissions
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 9th of April 2021.
Read more about our criteria regarding University Admissions.Other eligibility criteria
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
Note: Some criteria for priority SI scholarships differ depending on the home region of the applicant.
Read more about other eligibility criteria.Work experience
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
Read more about the criteria for work experience.Leadership experience
You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society.
Read more about the leadership experience criteria.Master’s programmes
The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give the highest priority to specific subject areas.
Who can apply for Global Professionals?
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region; and also have a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country and region. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
Note! Documents for the scholarship application (2021/2022) will be made available here in December 2020/January 2021.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your application in English. Use our forms and templates provided below and complete them according to the instructions both below and in the forms, or else your applications will be disqualified. Kindly note the length limitation for your answers and the documents.
A complete application consists of:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport
Note: Your application will be disqualified if any of the required documents above is missing.
You must use the Global Professionals form for the motivation letter 2021/2022. You need to fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal within the application period.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
You must use the Global Professionals form for CV 2021/2022 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered during the evaluation.
Letters of reference
You must use the Global Professionals form for the letter of reference 2021/2022. One letter of reference based on work experience is mandatory. All letters of reference must be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or notary office. The letters should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and our FAQ.
- Two different letters of reference are mandatory as part of the application. It is also a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work.
Proof of work and leadership experience
You must use the Global Professionals form for proof of work and leadership experience 2021/2022. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and our FAQ.
Copy of your valid passport
You must submit a copy of your valid passport in the application. It must clearly show your personal data, including name, citizenship, and the photograph. A copy of your passport should be included in your CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your passport that can be used as part of the application.
If you have applied to several master’s programmes
You should only submit one scholarship application, regardless of how many master’s programmes that you applied for through universityadmissions.se. You can apply for SI scholarships for up to four eligible master’s programmes.
Note: If you have applied for master’s programme(s) at Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), you should create and submit an additional scholarship application separately. Each scholarship application should have only one of the attached, no matter how many master’s programmes you applied for.
If you are only applying for SI scholarships at SSE, you only need to submit one scholarship application for all the master’s programmes at SSE that you applied for. If you have applied at both universityadmissions.se and SSE, you should attach all the required documents in both the scholarship applications.