Application period: Opens in November 4, 2020
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree
- English proficiency, as demonstrated per
- TOEFL – 79-80 Internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL-iBT).
- IELTS – generally, IELTS test score is accepted by all TIGP Ph. D. programs as an indication of English proficiency. A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test is required for admission to programs that accept IELTS score (please refer to the specific admission requirements of your program)
For more information about the IELTS, please visit International English Language Testing System online
- GEPT – instead of TOEFL. Applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), administered by the Language Training and Testing Center, National Taiwan University. Under this option, applicants must submit a high-intermediate level certificate (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) with their application.
- TOEIC – a minimum score of 785. For more information about the TOEIC exam, please visit TOEIC on the web.
- All above test scores must be taken within the past two years.
- GRE General test & Subject test (requirements vary by program)
- Academic transcript for coursework completed post high school.
- Three letters of reference.
- Statement of purpose.
In addition to the above general TIGP application requirements, please check out program’s website for program-specific requirements.
Tuition, Fees & Fellowship Information
TIGP offers rigorous, interdisciplinary education at affordable prices. Payments of tuition fees are due upon registration every semester. Tuition fees vary by program. Please contact your chosen program’s administrator for fees’ guidance. On arrival at Academia Sinica, students will find accommodation and daily living expenses very affordable.
Once admitted, TIGP candidates receive a stipend of NT$34,000/month (approx. USD 1,130) for the first year. For students who perform well, this stipend will be extended for a further 2 to 3 years. Post the stipend allowance period, further financial support is dependent upon individual thesis advisors.
Source / More information: Official Website.