Eligibility Criteria – Undergraduate Scholarship
· GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates.
· TOEFL iBT ®: 100 or above (taken within 2 years).
· Minimum SAT I Score: 1450 (Taken within 2 years)
· SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above (taken within 2 years)
· Extracurricular Activities: Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
· Fields of Study: Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management
· Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2021.
· Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
· Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
· Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities provided below:
– University of Chicago
– Stanford University
– University of Pennsylvania
– Harvard University
· Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for these universities. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
· Application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Undergraduate application
· Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & TOEFL iBT ®, Taken within 2 years.
· Copy of latest transcripts.
· Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate, if available.
· Two recommendation letters.
· For e-mail inquiries regarding the scholarship: OSSP@amideast.org or contact AMIDEAST on 19263.
University of Chicago
University of Pennsylvania