he Geoffrey Blainey Scholarship for Honours in Economic History was established in honour of Professor Blainey, one of Australia’s most prominent economic historians. The scholarship is open to students, accepted into the Economics honours program, whose research is informed by Economic History.
1 May 2020
Last day for applications
1 Jun 2020
How to apply
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
up to $9,900
Applicable study areas
Commerce, economics and management
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be enrolled in the Economics honours program within the Faculty of Business and Economics
- be pursuing research informed by Economic History
Selection will be based on enrolment in the Economics honours program and your written application.
To complete the scholarship application, you will need to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your eligibility for this scholarship
- Your proposed area of research and clearly demonstrate how economic history will inform your research essay
- A current resume
- Your Academic Record (available from the Student Portal)
When will I know the outcome?
The successful candidate will be informed by email.
What are the benefits?
The scholarship is valued at the Net Annual Income of the trust.
In 2020, the scholarship is valued at $9,920.