|Enrolment status||New students|
|Student type||International students|
|Level of study||Undergraduate, Postgraduate|
|Study area||Agriculture and Environment, Architecture and Planning, Science and Mathematics|
|Scholarship duration||1 Year|
|Opening date||16 January 2020|
|Closing date||30 June 2020|
Scholarships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs in Science at UQ.
To be eligible for a Science International Scholarship at UQ, an applicant must:
- Be able to be classified as an international student in Australia.
- By the scholarships closing date, submit all documentation to meet conditions associated with an offer from UQ for an approved program.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance as part of the UQ program application.
- Be enrolling in a program administered by the UQ Faculty of Science; the program must be of more than one year’s duration (full time).
- Be enrolling in their first semester of study at UQ.
Before you get started
If this scholarship has rules, download and read them.
How to apply
UQ must receive your program and scholarship applications by 5pm (AEST) on the scholarship closing date:
- 15 January for a Semester 1 (February) commencement
- 30 June for a Semester 2 (July) commencement
UQ will not consider incomplete applications or applications that are inaccurate, false or misleading.
Following each closing date, applications will be considered through the following process:
- The Faculty of Science Associate Dean (Academic) (or nominee) will select scholarship recipients.
- Selection will be based on selection criteria shown below.
- Wherever possible, UQ will notify applicants of the outcome of their application within four weeks of the scholarship closing date.
- The decision of the Associate Dean (Academic) (or nominee) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
UQ will select winners based on:
- Academic performance (based on academic credentials submitted as part of UQ program application).
- Capacity to create change and contribute to science (based on the personal statement submitted as part of the Science International Scholarship application).
- UQ values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from those who bring diversity to the university. The Faculty of Science also wishes to encourage gender balance in its admissions. The selection panel will take these goals into account.