We award over 100 international scholarships per year, recognising academic excellence by applying a tuition fee discount. Ten prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships are available for the highest achieving students.
- Funding: £2,500 to £15,000
- Academic year:
- Open to: International (non-EU) students
- Qualification level:Postgraduate taught and Undergraduate
- Number available: 100+
- Applications for are open until Saturday 30 May 2020
Open to International (non-EU) students only.
You’re eligible for different levels of award depending on your nationality and country of residence. The allocation table below shows which awards are available to you. Some awards are available to all international (non-EU) students.
To be eligible for an Academic Excellence scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 30 April 2020 (you don’t need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 30 April 2020)
- intend to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught masters course based on the University of York campus
- have met your language condition by 30 April 2020 (Vice Chancellor’s only).
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are an undergraduate student and have made us your insurance choice before 30 April 2020.
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA, CASPPER and Mundus MAPP
How to apply
Application deadline: Saturday 30 May 2020, 11.59pm BST
You must apply online. You only need to make one application: we will consider you for all of the awards which you are eligible for.