Deadline for applications: March 1, 2021
The Excellence Programme is initiated by Wageningen University & Research to attract excellent students for a master’s programme, and who might have the potential to do a PhD after MSc graduation. In Wageningen or elsewhere.
You can only take part in the Excellence Programme on invitation. See below for the procedure and time schedule. During the selection process, the candidates will be requested to fill in a web form, to do an additional assignment, and might have a skype interview.
before March 1st, 2021. For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
3. During your MSc application you have uploaded a reference letter from a professor, preferably of a high ranked institute.
4. You have a high GPA.
unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Excellence Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on April 19th, 2021 to participate in the Excellence selection procedure. Only candidates who will be invited for the selection will receive an e-mail. It will be announced on the website (under step 4) when the invitations have been sent.
The first step of the selection procedure consists of an assignment for which the deadline will be May 2nd, 2021.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments and if we feel it’s necessary, a smaller selection of candidates can be invited for the second step of the selection procedure, which is a Skype interview with a part the selection committee. The Skype interviews will take place on May 25th or May 26th, 2021.
All selected candidates who have been invited to write an assignment will be informed on May 17th, 2021 whether or not they will be invited for a Skype interview.
Step 3: Result of the selection process
On May 28th, 2021, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who wrote an assignment.
The possible results are:
– Positive and an Excellence scholarship will be granted;
– Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
– Negative, meaning that no Excellence scholarship will be granted.
Step 4: Updates/changes
- March 1st, 2021: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- April 19th, 2021: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 30 candidates will be selected)
- May 2nd, 2021: Deadline of the assignment
- May 17th, 2021: Decision about Skype interviews communicated
- May 25th or May 26th, 2021: Skype interviews, if needed
- May 28th, 2021: Results of the selection process communicated
Source / More information: Official Website