Deadline for applications: March 1, 2021
In a context of increased mobility and globalisation, this scholarship program was set up by Wallonia-Brussels International (WBI).
In support of the competitiveness clusters determined by the Marshall Plan 4.0 initiated by Wallonia, it allows the reception of researchers from foreign countries wishing to carry out a postdoctoral program within higher-education institutions that are organised or subsidised by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Monthly amount 2.120 euros covering living expenses, accommodation, educational materials and travel expenses within the country ;
- WBI will cover international travel costs (one round trip for the total duration of the program) ;
- WBI covers “healthcare” insurance for non-EU fellows ;
- WBI takes responsibility for “repatriation assistance” insurance (only for long-term scholarships).
- Transport and logistics ;
- Environmental technologies.
All other fields will be taken into account, whether in the human sciences, fundamental or applied
Renewal procedure (applies only to long-term scholarships)
The maximum duration of WBI funding is 2 years for a post-doctorate including one renewal.
To the extent that nothing is automatically established, it will be the responsibility of the awarded fellow wishing to renew their funding to submit, every year by the 1st of May at the latest, an application for renewal (form to be requested from your manager) to be examined by the jury.
Researchers from any country with a degree of doctor by a given foreign university wishing to carry out a postdoctoral program in higher education institutions organised or subsidised by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
It should be noted that you are allowed to submit a file even if you are in an active term and the doctorate certification is not yet in your possession. In this case, it will be necessary to send proof of achievement at the latest on : For long-term scholarships (stay between September and August): 1st of June ;
The application form and its appendices must be duly completed and signed in the required places.
- Appendix 1 : Declaration of additional funding (template on page 10) ;
- Appendix 2 : Minimum 2 letters of reference (template on page 11) prepared by the faculty of an academic institution able to judge the scientific quality of your work. These must be sent by e-mail directly to WBI and cannot be sent to you ;
- Appendix 3 : Letter of invitation or agreement from the host university or from the professor(s) supervising the research (no template). It should be noted that researching a host university is a process that is your responsibility and WBI does not intervene in this process ;
- Appendix 4 : Copy of diplomas (bachelor, 120 credits master and doctorate).
Application form: HERE
Source: Official Website.