Application deadline : Application deadline 13 April 2021, 17:00 BST
This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Scheme at a glance
- Career stage: ,Postgraduate training
- Where your host organisation is based: Low- or middle-income countries (apart from India and mainland China)
- Type of researcher: Basic, Clinical, Public health
- Level of funding: £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses
- Duration of funding: 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project)
Who can apply
You can apply for an International Master’s Fellowship if:
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
Your research proposal
Your research proposal should be within our science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
When we consider your application, we’ll look at the:
- quality and importance of your research question(s)
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- suitability of your choice of research environments
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
How to apply
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
More details on Application Process and Online application HERE.