This scheme offers clinicians the opportunity to undertake a PhD within a structured and mentored training environment.
Scheme at a glance
- Career stage: Postgraduate training
- Where your host organisation is based: UK, Republic of Ireland
- Type of researcher: Clinical, Public health
- Level of funding: Salary and research expenses covered
- Duration of funding: Usually 3 years
A PhD undertaken on one of our clinical programmes is usually for three years, and can be held on a part-time basis. Each programme includes support for:
Eligibility and suitability
You can apply for a PhD Training Fellowship for Clinicians if you’ve demonstrated the potential to pursue a career as an academic clinician.
Our programmes are based in centres of excellence throughout the UK. These programmes provide research opportunities for clinicians from a range of specialties. Each programme is structured to reflect the expertise of the organisation in which it’s based.
Find out more about eligibility for these programmes by visiting the university websites.
Programmes: currently recruiting
The following organisations have clinical PhD programmes that are currently recruiting:
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply to carry out activities that involve the transfer of grant funds into mainland China.
How to Apply
- To apply for a PhD Training Fellowship, please contact the relevant programme directly.
- Please don’t apply to the Wellcome Trust.
Individual PhD programmes recruit students annually.
Source / More information: Official Website.